Street Voices 7
A free 6 month playwriting course for writers with some level of writing experience.
- Are you looking for the next step up? And want to learn in-depth about playwriting and working in the arts?
- We welcome writers who may have been writing creatively in other forms and are looking to broaden their skills
What we offer:
- Writing workshops over a period of 6 months with an experienced playwright
- Masterclasses and Q&A’s with experienced creatives
- Support and advice from theatre-makers and industry professionals
- Opportunities to see plays, events and performances
- Script in hand performance of your work
- Safe and friendly environment to try out ideas
What we are looking for:
Distinctive voices and new perspectives with an ability to write and the potential to develop. A willingness to take risks and try out new ideas along with a commitment to attend all course dates.
You must be over 18 and based in Yorkshire. Individuals from Black, Asian and minority ethnic backgrounds are actively encouraged to apply.
Dates and location:
Workshops will take place on the following Saturdays 10am to 2pm at Freedom Studios in Bradford:
20 October, 3 & 17 November, 1 & 15 December 2018 then four-week writing period
26 Jan, re-writing period, 23 Feb, 2 & 9 March 2019
Showcase on 15 April 2019 (TBC)
To apply write to us with:
- An idea for a short play that you want to write and why? (300 words)
- How this course will benefit you as a writer? (200 words)
- One example of your writing. Please send up to 2 pages of play script only.
The closing date for applications is Wednesday 19th September 2018 at 12pm
Interviews: week commencing 1st October 2018 in Bradford
Email your application to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Or post to: Street Voices, Freedom Studios, 7 Manor Row, Bradford BD1 4PB
For more information or informal chat call Alex or Aisha on 01274 730077
Street Voices will be happening again in 2020-21, with applications from summer 2020.