Work With Us
Work with Freedom Studios Youth Theatre:
We work with a variety of different freelance, creative practitioners in youth theatre.
Youth Theatre Practitioners.
Freedom Studios are always happy to hear from freelance creative practitioners that deliver high quality and exciting theatre (workshops/projects/experiences/education) with young people across Bradford and the surrounding area.
Our Youth Theatre Practitioners are:
- Over 21 and have an up to date DBS certificate
- Have at least three years experience as a professional theatre practitioner (although other arts disciplines also welcome.)
- Have at least three years of experience working with young people in a variety of contexts.
Practitioner in Training.
Practitioner in Training is a development position for a person who has some facilitation experience but is looking to build their skills and expand their experience. For example, a person who feels able to deliver one workshop but would feel out of their depth delivering an entire terms worth of workshops.
Our Trainee Practitioners are:
- Involved with the planning and delivering of workshops with the young people, through assisting the lead practitioner and youth theatre director.
- Prepared to take over the leading of the workshop if the lead practitioner has to leave the room or cannot make the workshop.
- Observed by the Youth Theatre Director and given feedback on how to develop their practice alongside other training opportunities.
Youth Theatre Assistant:
The Youth Theatre Assistant is a position for a Bradford based person to expand their theatre experience, work with young people and develop their facilitation skills.
The Youth Theatre Assistants are:
- Bradford based, at least 21 years old. We would like the Youth Theatre Assistant’s background to reflect the background of the young people in our youth theatre.
- Passionate about working with young people and looking to expand their experience. Passionate about theatre and curious to develop their facilitation skills.
- Punctual, committed and reliable. Have less than 2 years professional experience and have an in date DBS.
If you are interested in any of these positions, please send an up-to-date CV and a brief outline (approx. 250 words) highlighting what key skills you could bring to our Youth Theatre team, and which age groups you prefer to work with.